iPhone Enterprise Support Program – Terms And Conditions
Accidental Damage and Theft Protection (“Plan”)
- The Plan
This Accidental Damage and Theft Protection Plan governs the support process for accidental physical and fluid damages and Theft for under warranty smartphones (“Device”) sold by its manufacturer’s official sales channels in India & in its original packaging. This Plan is not valid for any products that are either refurbished or purchased by a customer post a return from the first customer, even in an unboxed condition.
- Plan Term
- Benefits under the Plan begins when you (“Customer”, who is the User of the Device) activate the device subsequent to purchase of device and ends on completion of Twelve months from date of activation of the Device (“Plan Term”)
- The number of repair requests allowed per device is subject to the maximum Benefits Value being utilized/exhausted. Upon exhausting the entire maximum Benefits Value the Plan Term shall cease to exist.
- Upon reporting & further settlement of the theft request, the Plan Term/Benefits Value shall cease to exist
- Plan Details
- “Registered” Device
The Device that was successfully registered under the Plan by following the activation process as required within 30 calendar days from the original purchase of the Device is termed as “Registered Device”
The purchaser of the Registered Device whose name is mentioned on the original invoice is the Customer. The purchaser’s spouse, children and parents can be the users of the Registered Device. If the purchaser is a company, Customer shall mean any representative/employee of the company authorized to use the Registered Device.
- Benefits Value
Maximum Benefits Value is equivalent to the depreciated value (as described in Point 8 below) of the Registered Device at the time of submitting a Damage Repair/Theft Request for availing accidental damage and theft protection as eligible under this Plan, less sum of total utilized amount during plan term. Limit is subjected to exhausting the maximum eligible Benefits Value during the plan term of 12 months (1 Year). If the repair charges are more than the Benefits Value, the Customer will have the option to bear the differential price for obtaining the repair as determined by the Apple Authorised Service Provider (“AASP”). There is no additional Processing Fee charged during a repair event under the Plan.
- Beyond Economic Repairs (BER)
If the repair cost of the Registered Device is more than the Benefits Value of the Registered Device, then the repair request will be determined as Beyond Economic Repairs (BER). In case of BER, the applicable eligible amount will be returned to you as settlement subject to you returning the original Registered Device along with its original accessories to Servify. In case the original accessories are not returned, then Servify may deduct Rs.1000 (One thousand only) from the amount payable by Servify for each accessory that’s not returned as supplied with the Device as part of its original packing.
- Scope of Service under the Plan
Provided the Registered Device is handed over to Servify or its authorized channels in its entirety during the Damage Repair Request Process & that you have submitted the documents as desired under the Plan and have purchased the Registered Device from official sales channels of Apple in India, the following conditions would be considered under the Plan.
- Suffers accidental physical damage and/or such damage that impairs the normal usage of the Registered Device
- Fails to work because accidentally fluid has entered its internal circuitry, touch panel, sub-board or battery, resulting into stoppage of the Registered Device
- Burglary including theft and housebreaking
- Suffers damage due to:
- Acts of god perils, fire, lightening and explosion
- Damage or theft during riot, strike & malicious damage
- Any damages to the Registered Device prior to the Plan activation
- Any loss or damage to the Registered Device:
- due to Intentional act or wilful neglect
- arising before or after Plan Term
- under mysterious circumstances including lost or stolen
- resulting from or caused by theft, or attempted theft of registered device, left in unattended vehicle or room
- such as lost, forgotten/misplaced/left unattended, missing, fallen and any loss under mysterious circumstances
- not reported to Servify within 48 hours of the loss or damage to the Registered Devicedue to hire or loan of the Registered Device to a third party or if ownership is transferred
- due to unlawful act including Terrorist activity, War, Nuclear Explosion, Radioactive Contamination, Chemical, Biochemical, Biological, Electromagnetic, Cyber Attackcaused by incorrect storage, poor care and maintenance, careless use, gross negligence, incorrect installation and incorrect set-up
- due to negligence, intentionally misplaced, left unattended & forgotten at a public place
- if the Registered Device is not connected to any cellular network of service provider
- due to any experiments or tests and/or alterations resulting to any abnormal conditions of the Registered Device
- Damage caused by:
- a product/accessory that is not the Registered Device
- operating the Registered Device outside the permitted or intended uses as described by manufacturer
- service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not an Authorized Service Provider (“ASP”) or any failure/damage caused outside the Indian territory
- Third-party products or their effects on or interactions with the Registered Device or the software
- Consequential loss of any kind or description including wear & tear, manufacturing defects
- Cosmetic damage to the Registered Device including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports
- Loss or damage covered by supplier, dealer or Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Any loss affecting to SIM card and any ancillary products even if Registered Device results into complete stoppage of working
- Registered Device with a serial number that has been altered, defaced or removed, or has been modified to alter its functionality or capability without the written permission of Apple
- Defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to normal aging of the product
- Issues that could be resolved by upgrading software to the then current version
- Your use of a computer or operating system that is unrelated to consumer software or connectivity issues with the Registered Device
- Damage to, or loss of any software or data residing or recorded on the Registered Device
- Recovery and reinstallation of software programs and user data
- Any loss or damage to accessories and panels even if forming part of the standard pack or to any complimentary or ancillary product/s made available under any promotional scheme
- “Registered” Device
- Special Exclusions
Servify shall not be liable in respect of loss or damage to Registered Device relating to or caused due to the following:
- Loss or damage due to mechanical or electrical break down or derangement, unless such loss is accidental damage and which is not covered within the Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Penalties for delay or detention or in connection with guarantees of performance or efficiency
- Loss due to the Registered Device which gradually develops flaws, defects, cracks or partial fractures in any part not necessitating immediate stoppage, although at some future time repair or renewal of the parts affected may be necessary
- Loss due to deterioration or wearing away or wearing out of any part of the Registered Device that is caused due to or naturally resulting from its normal use or exposure
- Servify shall not be liable if:
- the user is found to be involved in any way in fraudulent or illegal activity of any kind whatsoever related to this Plan or Registered Device and/or
- Due to the inability of the Customer to submit either of the processing documents or supporting documents required for processing the request
- In any action, suit or other proceeding where the Servify or underwriting partner(s) alleges that by reason of the provisions of the exceptions or exclusions above, any loss, destruction or damage is not included under this Plan, the burden of proving that such loss, destruction or damage is included, shall be upon the Customer
- Service Request Process
In the event of damage/theft of the Registered Device, you (Customer) are required to:
- Immediately (Not later than 48 Hours from the time of the damage) inform Servify through the Servify Consumer Portal (https://apple-enterprise.servify.in/) or Call Centre Number (1 800 123 333 888)
- Submit all request related documents including but not limited to the purchase invoice of the Registered Device and Photo ID Proof of the Customer and any other document as requested by Servify.
- Please note, you will not handover the Registered Device for repairs at any service centre, including at any Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) until confirmed by Servify. It is expressly stated that Servify will not be held responsible for fulfilling any such requests where the Registered Device is handed over to a service centre by you before the approval from Servify; any liabilities arising out of such requests before the in-principle approval of the Damage Repair Service Request from Servify will be solely handled by you (Customer) at your (Customer’s) own expense
- In the event of loss/theft
- The event will have to be simultaneously notified to the cellular network service provider not later than 48 hours from the date and time of loss and a written acknowledgment on confirmation of barring of SIM services from network service provider to be furnished
- An immediate intimation (not later than 48 hours from the date and time of damage) about the Loss/Theft should be reported to nearest police authorities and police FIR confirmation to be furnished
- Service Fulfilment Process
- Servify provides services through Pick/Drop Support (“PUDO”) Service for the Registered Device, for serviceable locations, for the rest you may visit the nearest Servify and Apple Authorized Service Provider. You are required to wait until Servify confirms in writing via an email or on a voice call on your registered number or provides an update on its Consumer Web Portal about the status of the and the next steps expected. Service will be performed at the Apple Authorized Service Centres after verification of the entitlement and validity of the Plan. Once you are notified & that the service is complete, you will promptly be notified via the Servify Consumer Web Portal. The repaired Device will be delivered to the address of initial pickup after completion of repair if PUDO service is availed.
- Servify reserves the right to change the method by which they may provide repair service to you, and your Registered Device’s eligibility to receive a particular method of service under this Plan. Service options, parts availability and response times may vary according to the city you live in.
- Your Responsibilities
To receive service or support under the Plan, you agree to comply with the following:
- Provide a copy of your Registered Device’s original proof of purchase, if requested again.
- Provide information about the reasons and causes of the damage to the Registered Device
- Provide identity proof if requested by Servify to verify the User of the Device, on which Plan is activated
- Respond to requests for information, including but not limited to the Registered Device serial number, model, version of the operating system and software installed, any peripherals Devices connected or installed on the Registered Device, any error messages displayed, actions taken before the Registered Device experienced the damage and steps taken to avoid the damage
- Follow instructions Servify gives you, including but not limited to refraining from sending Registered Device that is not subject to damage protection as per the Plan and packing the Registered Device in accordance with shipping instructions as per the Plan
- Make sure to backup software and data residing on the Registered Device. DURING THE FULFILLMENT OF DAMAGE REPAIR SERVICE, SERVIFY OR THE ASP MAY DELETE THE CONTENTS OF THE REGISTERED DEVICE AND REFORMAT THE STORAGE MEDIA IF NECESSARY. Servify, or ASP may return your Registered Device after the service event subject to applicable updates. Servify or the ASP may install latest software updates as part of hardware service that will prevent the Registered Device from reverting to an earlier version of the Operating System. Third party applications installed on the Registered Device may not be compatible or work with the Registered Device as a result of the Operating System update. You will be responsible for reinstalling all other software programs, data and passwords.
- Depreciation Matrix
The standard depreciation matrix applicable for this Plan is as below:
Age of the Registered Device Depreciation Applicable Up to 90 days from the date of purchase of the Registered Device 10% of the Invoice Value Between 91 days to 180 days from date of purchase of the Registered Device 20% of the Invoice Value Between 181 days to 365 days from date of purchase of the Registered Device 30% of the Invoice Value
- Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SERVIFY AND ITS EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS WILL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY SUBSEQUENT OWNER FOR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO COSTS OF RECOVERING, REPROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA OR THE FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, ANY LOSS OF BUSINESS, PROFITS, REVENUE OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, RESULTING FROM SERVIFY’S OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS PLAN. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE LIMIT OF SERVIFY AND ITS EMPLOYEES AND AGENT’S LIABILITY TO YOU AND ANY SUBSEQUENT OWNER ARISING UNDER THE PLAN SHALL NOT EXCEED THE CURRENT MARKET VALUE OF THE REGISTERED DEVICE. SERVIFY SPECIFICALLY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT (i) IT WILL BE ABLE TO REPAIR OR REPLACE REGISTERED DEVICE WITHOUT RISK TO OR LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR DATA, (ii) IT WILL MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, OR (iii) THAT THE OPERATION OF THE PRODUCT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT SERVIFY’S LIABILITY FOR (I) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE, OR (II) FRAUD. TO THE EXTENT THAT LIABILITY UNDER SUCH LAWS AND REGULATIONS MAY BE LIMITED, SERVIFY’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED, AT ITS SOLE OPTION, TO REPLACE OR REPAIR OF THE REGISTERED DEVICE OR SUPPLY OF THE SERVICE
- Transfer of Plan
- The transfer of ownership of the Plan for the Registered Device from the Device to another party will render the Plan & its benefits null and void
- If the Registered Device is replaced under Manufacturer’s Warranty during the Plan Term, then the replacement Device will be termed as Registered Device, with the applicable Plan benefits for the remaining period of the Plan Term.
- General Terms
- Servify may subcontract or assign performance of its obligations to third parties but shall not be relieved of its obligations to you in doing so
- Servify is not responsible for any failures or delays in performing under the Plan that are due to events outside its reasonable control
- You may be required to perform preventative maintenance on the Registered Device to receive service under the Plan.
- This Plan is offered and valid only if you are making a purchase in India and using in India
- This Plan is not offered to persons who have not reached the age of majority. This Plan may not be available in all states, and is not available where prohibited by law
- In carrying out its obligations Servify may, at their discretion and solely for the purposes of monitoring the quality of their response, record part or all of the calls between you and them
- Servify have security measures, which should protect your data against unauthorized access or disclosure as well as unlawful destruction. You will be responsible for the instructions you give to Servify regarding the processing of data, and Servify will seek to comply with those instructions as reasonably necessary for the performance of the service and support obligations under the Plan. If you do not agree with the above or if you have questions regarding how your data may be impacted by being processed in this way, contact or Service at the support mediums provided such as email@example.com
- The terms of the Plan, including the original sales receipt of the Registered Device and the Plan Confirmation, prevail over any conflicting, additional, or other terms of any purchase order or other document, and constitute your and Servify’s entire understanding with respect to the Plan
- Servify is not obligated to renew this Plan. If either Servify does offer a renewal, they will determine the price and terms
- There is no informal dispute settlement process available under this Plan
- In the event any section or portion of a section of these terms and conditions are deemed invalid, void or unenforceable, that section or portion of a section shall be severed from these terms and conditions, and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of India
- These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer
- Support Contact Details:
- Servify Customer Service Number: 1800 123 333 888 (Toll Free), All days, 9am to 9pm
- Servify Customer Service Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org