Bharti Assist Secure – 1 Year Extended Warranty Plan for MacBooks
(Extended Warranty Plan)
- The Plan
This extended service (warranty) program governs the support process for mechanical and electrical breakdown/ defects to the extent provided by the Manufacturer’s Warranty for Electrical / Electronic / Mechanical Defects to the MacBook (“Device”) sold by its manufacturer’s official sales channels/retailers in India & in its original packaging.
- Plan Term
Benefits under the Plan begins from the next day after the expiry of the Manufacturer’s Warranty on the Device and ends on completion of 1 Year from date of purchase of the device (“Plan Term”)
- Plan Eligibility
- This Plan can be purchased only within 365 calendar days of the original purchase of the Device, and subject to the Device being in its perfect working condition
- The Device is registered for the Plan benefits on completing the Plan purchase process. An automated Plan Activation Confirmation is sent on your registered email Id.
- The Plan Purchase process has to be completed within 365 calendar days of purchase of the Device
- The terms of this Plan, the original sales receipt for your Plan, the proof of your identity, the indemnification you provide about the working condition of the Device before the purchase of the Plan and the Plan Confirmation are each part of your Plan
- Benefits under the extended warranty plan is an extension of the benefits provided by the Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Unlimited number of Repair Requests up-to the available Benefits Value (as defined in Point 4.3) at the time of Repair Requests is allowed during the term of the Plan. All subsequent Repair Requests shall be considered for paid repair only
- Plan Details
- “Registered” Device
The Device that has been successfully registered under the Plan within 365 calendar days from the original purchase of the Device is termed as “Registered Device”.
The purchaser of the Registered Device whose name is mentioned on the original invoice is the Customer. The purchaser’s spouse, children, parents and siblings or the recipient of the Registered Device as a gift can also be the user subject to the fulfilment of the conditions mentioned in the terms and conditions here. If the purchaser is a company, Customer shall mean any representative/employee of the company authorised to use the Registered Device.
- Benefits Value
Maximum Benefits Value is equivalent to the original invoice value of the Registered Device. The Benefits Value at any given point of time will be calculated by subtracting the repair costs of all the subsequent repair service requests, if any, from the Invoice Value of the Registered Device. Unlimited number of Repair Requests up-to the Benefits Value or one instance of replacement of your Registered Device can be availed under the Plan.
If the repair or replacement charges are more than the Benefits Value, the Customer will receive the Benefits Value as the complete settlement under this plan. If the Benefits Value is received by Customer as settlement, the original Device, accessories and the box should be submitted to Bharti Assist Global.
In case the accessories along with the original box are not received by Bharti Assist Global, there will be a deduction of Rs.2000 from the final settlement amount.
Please note, the total amount of benefits paid or payable under this Plan shall not exceed the original invoice value paid by the Customer for the Registered Device under this Plan
- Scope of Service under the Plan
Provided the Registered Device is handed over to Bharti Assist Global or its authorized channels in its entirety during the Repair Request Process & that the Customer has submitted the documents as desired under the Plan and have purchased the Registered Device from official sales channels of the manufacturer in India, the following conditions would be considered under the Plan:
Any mechanical or, electrical breakdown/defects to the registered device to the extent provided by the Manufacturer’s Warranty including the cost of parts and labour for the products manufactured in India or is legally imported in India & sold through official sales channels of manufacturer and supported by an invoice & Manufacturer’s Warranty/Guarantee.
- Plan purchased beyond 365 days of the purchase of the Registered Device and not been activated as per the terms
- Plan purchased and activated on a defective Device
- Costs implicitly or explicitly covered by any manufacturer’s, supplier’s or repairer’s guarantee or warranty
- Non-operating and cosmetic defect to the Registered Device such as defect to paintwork, product finish, dents or scratches
- Any accidental or liquid or physical damages to the Registered Device
- Accessories or consumable item used in or with the Registered Device unless covered under a separable warranty policy
- Normal wear and tear of items not integral to the functioning of the Registered Device
- Benefits under the Plan will not under any circumstances, extend to any loss or injury to a person or loss or defect to property or any incidental, contingent, special or any direct or indirect loss and consequential defects including but not limiting to losses incurred due to any delay in rendering service related to this Plan and loss of use during the period that the Registered Device is at an authorized service centre and/or while awaiting parts
- Defect caused by unauthorized repair, theft, burglary and accident including earthquake, storm and or hurricane, abuse, misuse, sand, dust, water, negligence, fire, flood, lightning, malicious defect, impact, corrosion, battery leakage, acts of God, animal or insect infestation or intrusion
- Defect resulting from power outage, power surges or dips, fluctuating voltage, inadequate or improper voltage or current
- Reception or transmission problems resulting from external causes
- Problems or defects not covered under the original Manufacturers’ Warranty/Guarantee
- Batteries, internal or external to the Registered Device
- Breakdowns caused by computer virus or realignments to the Registered Device
- Recalls or modifications to the Registered Device
- Failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions or the instructions from Bharti Assist Global during the term of the Plan
- Costs arising from incorrect installation, modification or maintenance, or being unable to use the Registered Device
- Costs if no fault is found with the Registered Device
- Defect/failure caused before or during the delivery of Registered Device from the reseller
- Use of batteries, charger and/or accessories not approved by the manufacturer, incorrect electrical leads or connection
- The cost of repairing, restoring or reconfiguring software
- Any consequential or incidental defects arising from the use or loss of use of the Registered Device
- If the Registered Device is sold by original buyer to other party
- If the Registered Device is moved out of India, or used outside of India, it will not be covered under this Plan
- The Registered Device is not used in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines for usage of the Registered Device including but not limited to regular maintenance & up keep of the Registered Device
- Damaged device where the IMEI cannot be identified. Please note that the IMEI mentioned on the SIM tray will not be considered as an identification of the device IMEI.
- Special Exclusions
Bharti Assist Global shall not be liable in respect of loss or defect to Registered Device relating to or caused due to the following:
- Loss or defect due to any experiments or tests and/or alterations resulting to any abnormal conditions of the Registered Device
- Loss or defect due to mechanical or electrical break down or derangement, unless such loss is not accidental defect and which is covered within the Manufacturer’s Warranty during the Plan Term of the Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Penalties for delay or detention or in connection with guarantees of performance or efficiency
- Loss due to the Registered Device which gradually develops flaws, defects, cracks or partial fractures in any part not necessitating immediate stoppage, although at some future time repair or renewal of the parts affected may be necessary
- Loss due to deterioration or wearing away or wearing out of any part of the Registered Device that is caused due to or naturally resulting from its normal use or exposure
- Bharti Assist Global shall not be liable if:
- The Customer or User is found to be involved in any way in fraudulent or illegal activity of any kind whatsoever related to this Plan or Registered Device and/or the Plan is purchased for the Registered Device after 365 calendar days from the date of purchase of the Registered Device
- Due to the inability of the Customer to submit any of the repair request processing and Device purchase documents required by Bharti Assist Global or its partners for processing the eligible repair request
- The Plan shall also not cover a loss:
- Repair Request amount has exhausted the Benefits Value of the Registered Device
- In any action, suit or other proceeding where Bharti Assist Global or its underwriting partner(s), alleges that by reason of the provisions of the exceptions or exclusions above, any loss, destruction, defect or liability is not covered by this Plan, the burden of proving that such loss, destruction, defect or liability is covered shall be upon the Customer
- “Registered” Device
- Plan Activation
The Plan is activated on successfully completing the Plan purchase process. An automated Plan Activation Confirmation is sent on your registered email Id. Bharti Assist Global may deny any support (i) if the plan is purchased post 365 days from the date of purchase of the device; (ii) if any defect or loss has occurred to the Registered Device prior to completing the Plan purchase process.
- Service Request Process
In the event of defect to the Registered Device, you (Customer) are required to the following things:
- To register a repair request, download and login to the Bharti Assist Care App using the same phone number that you used at the time of Plan purchase.
- An immediate intimation (not later than 72 Hours from the date and time of the defect) about the defect to be given to Bharti Assist Global via its support channels comprising of Bharti Assist Care App, Consumer Web Portal or via Call or Email to Bharti Assist Customer Support.
- The event needs to be notified to Bharti Assist Global with cause or reason of defect & obtain services estimate towards defect
- Do not get the damaged Registered Device repaired unless intimated by Bharti Assist Global & further authorized by Bharti Assist Global
- Documents required during the Damage Repair Request: (1) Electronic form duly filled in with all the details of the damage, (2) ID proof, if requested, (3) Purchase invoice, if requested (4) Provide any additional document if required by Bharti Assist Global or the risk underwriter to determine the admissibility of the Damage Repair Request.
- Service Fulfilment Process
- Bharti Assist Global provides services through Pick/Drop Support (“PUDO”) Service for the Registered Device, for serviceable locations. You are required to wait until Bharti Assist Global confirms in writing via an email or on a voice call on your registered number or provides an update on the App/ Consumer Web Portal about the status of the Repair Request and the next steps expected. Once you are notified & that the service (either repair or replacement) is complete, you will promptly be notified via the Bharti Assist Care App or on the Consumer Web Portal. The repaired / replacement device will be delivered to the address of initial pickup within the next working day of completion of repair / replacement.
- Bharti Assist Global reserves the right to change the method by which they may provide repair / replacement service to you and your Registered Device’s eligibility to receive a particular method of service under this Plan. Service options, parts availability and response times may vary according to the city you live in
- Issue, if any, found post receiving the repaired/replaced device, should be reported within 48 hrs. of the delivery to Bharti Assist Global
- Your Responsibilities
To receive service or support under the Plan, you agree to comply with the following:
- Provide a copy of your Registered Device’s original proof of purchase, if requested
- Provide information about the reasons and causes of the defect to the Registered Device
- Provide identity proof if requested to verify Customer or User of the Device on which Plan is activated
- Respond to requests for information, including but not limited to the serial number of the Registered Device, model, version of the operating system and software installed, any peripherals devices connected or installed on the Registered Device, any error messages displayed, actions taken before the Registered Device experienced the defect and steps taken to avoid the defect
- Follow instructions Bharti Assist Global gives you, including but not limited to refraining from sending Registered Device that is not subject to service as per the Plan and packing the Registered Device in accordance with shipping instructions
- Make sure to take backup of software and data residing on the Registered Device and remove all the passcodes and disable ‘Find My’ before handing over the device. DURING THE FULFILLMENT OF SERVICE BHARTI ASSIST GLOBAL OR THE ASP (AUTHORISED SERVICE PROVIDER) MAY DELETE THE CONTENTS OF THE REGISTERED DEVICE AND REFORMAT THE STORAGE MEDIA IF NECESSARY. Bharti Assist Global, and/or ASPs may return your Registered Device after the service event or provide a replacement unit as the Registered Device was originally configured, subject to applicable updates. Bharti Assist Global or the ASPs may install latest software updates as part of hardware service that may prevent the Registered Device from reverting to an earlier version of the Operating System. Third party applications installed on the Registered Device may not be compatible or work with the Registered Device as a result of the Operating System update. You will be responsible for reinstalling all other software programs, data and passwords
- You will update all the new versions available for the Bharti Assist Care App from time to time and not delete the App from the Registered Device, failing which the benefits may stand invalid and you might be asked to download the App again, and the condition of the Registered Device may be determined at your costs before enabling your entitlement towards the Plan benefits of the Registered Device
- Fill and submit the requested forms and the declaration as required for submitting a valid a repair request
- Providing any additional documents as may be required by Bharti Assist Global and/or the Insurer (Risk Underwriter) in order to determine the admissibility of the defect
- Transfer Of Plan
- The transfer of ownership of the Plan for the Registered Device from the Customer to another party will render the Plan & its benefits null and void
- If the Registered Device is replaced under Manufacturer’s Warranty during the Plan Term, then the replacement Device will be termed as Registered Device, with the applicable Plan benefits for the remaining period of the Plan Term.
- Limitation Of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, BHARTI ASSIST GLOBAL AND ITS EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS WILL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY SUBSEQUENT OWNER FOR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DEFECTS OR DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO COSTS OF RECOVERING, REPROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA OR THE FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, ANY LOSS OF BUSINESS, PROFITS, REVENUE OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, RESULTING FROM BHARTI ASSIST GLOBAL’S OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS PLAN. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE LIMIT OF BHARTI ASSIST GLOBAL AND ITS EMPLOYEES AND AGENT’S LIABILITY TO YOU AND ANY SUBSEQUENT OWNER ARISING UNDER THE PLAN SHALL NOT EXCEED THE BENEFITS VALUE OF THE REGISTERED DEVICE. BHARTI ASSIST GLOBAL SPECIFICALLY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT (i) IT WILL BE ABLE TO REPAIR OR REPLACE REGISTERED DEVICE WITHOUT RISK TO OR LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR DATA, (ii) IT WILL MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, OR (iii) THAT THE OPERATION OF THE PRODUCT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT BHARTI ASSIST GLOBAL’S LIABILITY FOR (I) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE, OR (II) FRAUD. TO THE EXTENT THAT LIABILITY UNDER SUCH LAWS AND REGULATIONS MAY BE LIMITED, BHARTI ASSIST GLOBAL’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED, AT ITS SOLE OPTION, TO REPLACE OR REPAIR OF THE REGISTERED DEVICE OR SUPPLY OF THE SERVICE
- General Terms
- Bharti Assist Global may subcontract or assign performance of its obligations to third parties but shall not be relieved of its obligations to you in doing so
- Bharti Assist Global and its affiliate and its agents is not responsible for any failures or delays in performing under the Plan that are due to events outside its reasonable control
- You may be required to perform preventative maintenance on the Registered Device to receive service under the Plan, but update the Bharti Assist Care App from time to time whenever there is a new version available on the Google Play Store/ Apple Store
- This Plan is offered and valid only if you are making a Repair request in India.
- This Plan is not offered to persons who have not reached at least the age of 18. This Plan may not be available in all states, and is not available where prohibited by law
- In carrying out its obligations Bharti Assist Global may, at their discretion and solely for the purposes of monitoring the quality of their response, record part or all of the calls between you and them
- Bharti Assist Global has security measures, which should protect your data against unauthorized access or disclosure as well as unlawful destruction. You will be responsible for the instructions you give to Bharti Assist Global regarding the processing of data, and Bharti Assist Global will seek to comply with those instructions as reasonably necessary for the performance of the service and support obligations under the Plan. If you do not agree with the above or if you have questions regarding how your data may be impacted by being processed in this way, contact Bharti Assist Global at the support mediums provided such as firstname.lastname@example.org or the call centre number of Bharti Assist Global
- The terms of the Plan, including the original sales receipt of the Registered Device and the Plan Confirmation, prevail over any conflicting, additional, or other terms of any purchase order or other document, and constitute your and Bharti Assist Global’s entire understanding with respect to the Plan
- Bharti Assist Global is not obligated to renew this Plan. If either Bharti Assist Global does offer a renewal, they will determine the price and terms
- There is no informal dispute settlement process available under this Plan
- In the event any section or portion of a section of these terms and conditions are deemed invalid, void or unenforceable, that section or portion of a section shall be severed from these terms and conditions, and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect. Bharti Assist Global does not own the responsibility of the communication for the changes made any. Revisions in the terms and conditions, if any will be updated on our website
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of India
- These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer
- Customers consents to Bharti Assist Global sending periodic transactional SMS regarding the Plan bought by the customers as per the governing TRAI regulations
- Servify reserves the right, at its discretion, to change or modify, the terms of this Plan
- Support Contact Details:
- Bharti Assist Global Customer Support Number: 18001033882
- Bharti Assist Global Customer Support Email ID: email@example.com