- What is Free Screen Replacement Program?
Free Screen Replacement program insures your phone’s screen for a period of 1 year. Under this offer, if your phone’s screen is damaged, you can get the same replaced free of cost.
- Is it valid for all Airtel customers?
Currently this program is valid only for Airtel Prepaid mobile users who have upgraded to 4G handset from 2G. Detailed eligibility criteria is listed under T&Cs.
- What is the eligibility criteria for this offer?
- Customer owns a smartphone of supported brand
- Customer should be on Rs 219 or above at all instances (Voice & Data) with monthly / quarterly validity only.
- Customer should have been using a feature phone for atleast 75 days in last 90 days on Airtel Network
- Offer is applicable within 30 days of device upgrade
- Device launch date should be less than 3 years at the time of enrolment
- Device Price should be upto Rs. 20000
Offer is Applicable once for each IMEI & number.
- Which smartphone brands are supported under this offer?
Here are the supported handsets:
- What kind of damage is covered under this program?
The program covers any accidental damage to your smartphone’s screen during 1 year. Cost of any additional damage shall be payable by customer.
- How do I activate Free Screen Replacement on my device?
- Open/download Airtel Thanks App.
- Click on the thanks banner
- Select Free Screen Replacement offer.
In-app diagnostic will check your device eligibility
- Only for Airtel Prepaid mobile users
- Customer should be on 2G phone in last 75 days out of 90 days.
- Device age should be less than 3 years of launch
- Customer should be > 18 yrs at the time of enrolment
- Smartphone (Android)
- Who is Servify?
Servify is our partner who will be managing Free Screen Replacement program.
- What all benefits are offered with this Program?
This plan offers:
- Free Screen Replacement in case of accidental damage
- Door step delivery
- Can I select any recharge above Rs. 219/- to continue my policy?
Yes. All Unlimited Recharge packs (Voice & Data) with monthly & quarterly validity are valid for this program.
- How much Grace Period do I get?
You get grace period of 7 Days after expiry of recharge. Within this grace period, you can recharge and restart your free screen replacement plan. Once this period is over, your benefit cannot be reactivated.
- Can I renew my screen insurance after validity of my current recharge / grace period is over?
No. You should recharge before the grace period ends. In case of any gap, your policy will lapse.
- Can I file claim during the grace period?
No. Your policy should be active at the time of filing claim.
- Can I renew my policy once grace period expires?
No. Once grace period expires policy cannot be renewed.
- What is in-app diagnostic / mirror test?
This diagnostic requires you to verify that there isn’t any existing damage to your phone screen at the time of enrolment. The test requires you to be near a mirror on which you can conduct the mirror test.
Basic Checklist of successful Mirror Test:
- Mirror should not be damaged
- Clear Mirror
- Remove Tempered Glass
- Adequate Lighting
- Mirror Size should be twice the size of your phone
- How many times can I attempt mirror test?
You are allowed 3 unsuccessful attempts after which test is blocked for 72 hours.
- What is the validity of Airtel Secure Plan?
The validity of the Free Screen Replacement is linked with your recharge. Phone will be protected for maximum of 1 year.
- I bought my device from a location outside India. How can I avail Free Screen Replacement?
Free Screen Replacement offer is available only for devices which are bought in India via authorized sales channels.
- When can I claim damage protection under this Plan?
You will be eligible for a claim after your cooling period of 21 days from date of enrolment is over.
- What if my device damaged during the cooling off period? Can I claim the benefit since my policy is active?
Claim cannot be filed during the cooling period and any damage to the device during this period would not be covered.
- How much time does it take to evaluate my claim?
Servify will evaluate your claim and revert within 12 business hours. For any queries related to claim, you can reach out to Servify customer support at 1800-123-333-888 (Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm) or write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- When should I file a claim if my phone is accidentally damaged?
You can file the claim within 48 hrs from date of damage by logging on to www.airtel.in or Airtel Thanks App
In case you are not able to file the claim online, please reach out to Servify customer support at 1800-123-333-888 (Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm) or write to email@example.com within 48 hours to intimate the same.
- I broke my device’s screen accidently. Do I need to pay for the repair?
If you are an active subscriber (active monthly recharge for the program) then you need not worry about repair. Servify will get it repaired (subject to approval) from an authorized service center and deliver it back to you. You will only be required to pay pickup & delivery charges as per the terms & condition of the Plan.
- What are the pickup & delivery charges?
This is minimal amount of Rs.599 is charged towards processing your repair.
- How much is the excess amount that I need to pay and how?
You will be required to pay Rs.599 as pickup & delivery charges. Once your claim is approved you will get the payment details and link on the Airtel Thanks App.
- I have paid the Pickup and Delivery Charges and have now incurred courier charges? Is there any reimbursement
Yes. Servify will reimburse the courier charges on providing tracking number, invoice and bank details. Servify team will connect with you to collect this information. maximum reimbursement amount will be Rs.200 and same shall be processed within 3 working days. For any queries related to this you can reach out to Servify customer support at 1800-123-333-888 (Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm) or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that courier charges reimbursement is only for customers who are informed to courier device to the authorsied service center. For all other locations Servify shall pick up the device from customer’s address.
- Do I have to courier my device to authorised service center?
As per your pin code eligibility, you will be informed whether device will be picked from your doorstep or you have to courier it to the authorised service center.
- Do I have to update details once I have sent the package to authorised center?
In case of self-courier, you would be required to update the courier details like name and tracking number on the Airtel Thanks App.
- Will the device be delivered to my doorstep post repair?
Yes. Post repair your device will be delivered to your doorstep irrespective of your pin code.
- I bought a new device. Can I transfer my Free Screen Replacement to my new device?
No. This service is non-transferable
- What is my screen coverage amount?
This is maximum upto Rs.5000
- How many claims can I raise during my membership tenure?
You can raise maximum of one successful claim during your membership tenure. However, if the claim is rejected on fraudulent grounds then you cannot raise the claim again.
- What is Beyond Economic Repair?
Beyond Economic Repair (BER) is a case where repair estimate is greater than the covered value.
- My device is accidentally broken, how can I raise the claim?
You need to file for the claim on Airtel Thanks App or logon to www.airtel.in.
- Along with screen my other parts of the device are also damaged. Would it be also repaired along with screen?
Once your claim is approved and the device reaches authorised service center (ASC) it will be diagnosed for all damages. If any additional damage is detected, an estimation will be generated which will reflect on the Airtel Thanks App. You will also receive an email and SMS for the same. Under the program, screen replacement will be free of cost but you will have to pay for additional damages.
- What if I do not opt to pay for the additional repair cost?
In this case device will be returned without the repairs.
- I have raised a claim for Free Screen Replacement. Where do I need to submit my device for repair?
Once you have successfully raised the claim, Servify team will call you to collect the device & duly signed forms from your doorstep as per your area pincode.
In case doorstep service is not available in your area, you would need to courier the device to specified address. Servify will then reimburse the courier cost to you basis the scanned invoice that you will need to share with us.
- How much time does it take for repair?
Repair depends upon extent of damage / availability of spare parts and any other repair requirement. Servify team will keep you informed about the timelines and for any queries you can reach out to Servify customer support at 1800-123-333-888 (Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm) or write to email@example.com
- My device is stolen. Can I claim it under Free Screen Replacement?
Free Screen Replacement does not cover theft and loss. It only provides coverage against accidental and liquid damage.
- How can I check the status of my claim?
You can check the status of your claim on Airtel Thanks App > Thanks offers section > Free Screen Replacement’s Manage section
- Which all documents am I required to provide while filling claim?
No documents are required. You just need to mention the damage description and file the claim.
- What happens if I want to convert from Prepaid to Postpaid?
Your Free Screen Replacement plan will lapse and cannot be reactivated if you convert from Prepaid to Postpaid. This offer is available only for Airtel Prepaid mobile users.
- What happens if my claim gets rejected? Can I reapply?
If the claim is rejected, you can’t re-raise the claim. You would need to get it repaired from authorised service center. However, your one claim for the year remains intact. Please note if the claim is rejected on fraudulent grounds then you cannot raise the claim again.
- What happens to my personal data which is there in the device? How will you ensure the same is not misused?
Please take back up of your personal data and format your device before you hand over the device as during repair it could be formatted.
- Do I handover the device to the courier agent who has come to collect the device? How do I check if he is an authorized service representative?
You will receive the details of authorised service representative once pick up is scheduled
- Can I change the device after taking Free Screen Replacement plan?
No. You cannot enrol any other device once enrolment is completed.
- How can I track the repair status?
You can track status on the Airtel Thanks App or reach out to Servify at 1800-123-333-888 (Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm) or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I change SIM on my insured device and avail the benefit?
To continue the device cover you would need to continue recharging your number registered with the program irrespective of device you are using.