Harman Secure 1 Year Extended Warranty Plan
Extended Warranty Plan (“Plan”)
- The Plan
This extended service (warranty) program offered by Servify (Service Lee Technologies Pvt. Ltd.) governs the support process for mechanical and electrical breakdown/ defects to the extent provided by the Manufacturer’s Warranty for Electrical / Electronic/ Mechanical Products for Headphones / Earphones, Soundbar, Speakers / Portable Speakers (“Device”) sold by Harman International India Pvt. Ltd. (“Harman”) through its official sales channels in India & in its original packaging. This plan is not valid for any products that are either refurbished or purchased by a customer post a return from the first customer, even in unboxed condition.
- Plan Term
Benefits under the Plan begins from the next day after the expiry of the Manufacturer’s Warranty on the Device and ends on completion of One (1) Year from the Plan start date (“Plan Term”)
- Plan Eligibility
- This Plan can be purchased only within 30 days of the original purchase of the Device, and subject to the Device being in its perfect working condition
- The terms of this Plan, the original sales receipt for your Plan, the proof of your identity, the indemnification you provide about the working condition of the Device before the purchase of the Plan and the Plan Confirmation are each part of your Plan
- Benefits under the extended warranty plan is an extension of the benefits provided by the Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Unlimited number of repairs up-to the available Benefits Value (as defined in Point 4.4) at the time of repair requests is allowed during the term of the Plan. All subsequent repair requests shall be considered for paid repair only
- Plan Details
- “Registered” Device
The Device for which the Plan has been purchased is termed as “Registered Device”
TThe purchaser of the Registered Device whose name is mentioned on the original invoice is the Customer. The purchaser’s spouse, children, parents and siblings or the recipient of the Registered Device as a gift can also be the user subject to the fulfilment of the conditions mentioned in the terms and conditions here. If the purchaser is a company, Customer shall mean any representative/employee of the company authorised to use the Registered Device.
- Plan Fee
- The Plan Fee is the amount paid by the Customer before the Plan is activated by the Customer or any other user as defined in Point 4.2 above
- Servify and Harman reserves the right to revise the Plan Fee at any time during the term of the Plan. However, any Customer who has paid the necessary Plan Fee and activated the Plan before such revision shall not be impacted by the revision in the Plan Fee
- Benefits Value
Maximum Benefits Value is equivalent to the original invoice value of the Registered Device. The Benefits Value at any given point of time will be calculated by subtracting the repair costs of all the subsequent repair service requests, if any, from the Invoice Value of the Registered Device. Unlimited number of repair requests up-to the Benefits Value or one instance of replacement of your Registered Device can be availed under the Plan.
If the repair or replacement charges are more than the Benefits Value, the Customer will have to pay the difference to get the repair or replacement done. Please note, the total amount of benefits paid or payable under this Plan shall not exceed the original invoice value paid by the Customer for the Registered Device under this Plan.
- Scope of Service under the Plan
Provided the Registered Device is handled only by Servify or Harman or its authorized channels in its entirety during the repair request process & that the Customer has submitted the documents and information as desired under the Plan and have purchased the Registered Device from official sales channels of Harman in India, the following conditions would be considered under the Plan:
Any mechanical or, electrical breakdown/defects to the registered device to the extent provided by the Manufacturer’s Warranty including the cost of parts and labour for the products manufactured in India or is legally imported in India & sold through official sales channels of Harman and supported by an invoice & Manufacturer’s Warranty/Guarantee.
- Plan purchased beyond 30 days of the purchase of the Registered Device
- Plan purchased on a defective Device
- Costs implicitly or explicitly covered by any manufacturer’s, supplier’s or repairer’s guarantee or warranty
- Non-operating and cosmetic defect to the Registered Device such as defect to paintwork, product finish, dents or scratches
- Any accidental or liquid or physical damages to the Registered Devices
- Accessories or consumable item used in or with the Registered Device
- Normal wear and tear of items not integral to the functioning of the Registered Device
- Deterioration of component parts, the nature of which is to be worn or depleted with use including but not limited to buttons, ear pads/cushions, connectors, cables, power adapters etc
- Benefits under the Plan will not under any circumstances, extend to any loss or injury to a person or loss or defect to property or any incidental, contingent, special or any direct or indirect loss and consequential defects including but not limiting to losses incurred due to any delay in rendering service related to this Plan and loss of use during the period that the Registered Device is under service by an authorized service partner and/or while awaiting parts
- Defect caused by unauthorized repair, theft, burglary and accident including earthquake, storm and or hurricane, abuse, misuse, sand, dust, water, negligence, fire, flood, lightning, malicious defect, impact, corrosion, battery leakage, acts of God, animal or insect infestation or intrusion
- Defect resulting from power outage, power surges or dips, fluctuating voltage, inadequate or improper voltage or current
- Reception or transmission problems resulting from external causes
- Problems or defects not covered under the original Manufacturers’ Warranty/Guarantee
- Batteries, internal or external to the Registered Device
- Breakdowns caused by computer virus or realignments to the Registered Device
- Recalls or modifications to the Registered Device
- Failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions or the instructions from Servify during the term of the Plan
- Costs arising from incorrect installation, modification or maintenance, or being unable to use the Registered Device
- Costs if no fault is found with the Registered Device
- Use of batteries, adapter and/or accessories not approved by the manufacturer, incorrect electrical leads or connection
- The cost of repairing, restoring or reconfiguring software
- Any consequential or incidental defects arising from the use or loss of use of the Registered Device
- If the Registered Device is moved out of India, or used outside of India
- “Registered” Device
- Special Exclusions
Servify and Harman shall not be liable in respect of loss or defect to Registered Device relating to or caused due to the following:
- Loss or defect due to any experiments or tests and/or alterations resulting to any abnormal conditions of the Registered Device
- Loss or defect due to mechanical or electrical break down or derangement, unless such loss is not an accidental defect and which is covered within the Manufacturer’s Warranty during the Plan Term of the Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Penalties for delay or detention or in connection with guarantees of performance or efficiency
- Loss due to the Registered Device which gradually develops flaws, defects, cracks or partial fractures in any part not necessitating immediate stoppage, although at some future time repair or renewal of the parts affected may be necessary
- Loss due to deterioration or wearing away or wearing out of any part of the Registered Device that is caused due to or naturally resulting from its normal use or exposure
- Servify and Harman shall not be liable if:
- The Customer or User is found to be involved in any way in fraudulent or illegal activity of any kind whatsoever related to this Plan or Registered Device and/or the Plan is purchased for the Registered Device after 30 calendar days from the date of purchase of the Registered Device
- Due to the inability of the Customer to submit any of the repair request processing and Device purchase documents required by Servify or Harman or its partners for processing the eligible repair request
- The Plan shall also not cover a loss:
- If repair request amount has exhausted the Benefits Value of the Registered Device
- In any action, suit or other proceeding where Servify or Harman or its underwriting partner(s), alleges that by reason of the provisions of the exceptions or exclusions above, any loss, destruction, defect or liability is not covered by this Plan, the burden of proving that such loss, destruction, defect or liability is covered shall be upon the Customer
- Service Request Process
In the event of defect to the Registered Device, you (Customer) are required to:
- Immediately (not later than 72 Hours from the time of the defect) inform Servify or Harman by any means suitable defined in point 13.
- Submit all repair request related information/documents if required, within seven (7) calendar days of raising the request or within the timelines communicated to You by Servify or Harman
- Please note, you (Customer) will not get the Registered Device repaired at any service centre, including any Harman Authorised Service Centre until confirmed by Servify. It is expressly stated that Servify or Harman will not be held responsible for fulfilling any such requests where the Registered Device is repaired from a service centre by you (Customer) before the approval from Servify; any liabilities arising out of such actions before the in- principal approval of the request from Servify will be solely handled by you at your own expense
- Service Fulfilment Process
- Servify provides services through Onsite Service for the Registered Device in Soundbar category, for serviceable locations, once the approval is provided. You are required to wait until Servify confirms in writing via an email or on a voice call on your registered number or provides an update on the app about the status of the repair request and the next steps expected. Service will be performed at the Harman Authorized Service Centres after verification of the entitlement and validity of the Plan.
- If the Registered Device or any part is replaced under this Plan, the original Device or the part shall not be given to the Customer and only the replacement product is your (Customer) property, and the benefits for the remaining period of the Plan shall expire after the replacement. Any such replacement will immediately terminate this Plan and neither Harman nor Servify shall have any further obligations for the remainder of the term of this Plan. Due to technological advances, the replacement product may be of lower retail value than that of the original Product
- Servify reserves the right to change the method by which they may provide repair service to you, and your Registered Device’s eligibility to receive a particular method of service under this Plan. Service options, parts availability and response times may vary according to the city you live in
- The repair service will be provided at your chosen address and at the selected time slot stated in the order placed by you on the Website, to the extent possible. In the event the repair service for a Product cannot be performed at the address selected by you, for any reason whatsoever, you understand and agree that the Product will be taken to an authorized service centre for the necessary repair, by the service provider assigned to the repair service. You will not be responsible to bear the expenses for transportation (if any) of the Product.
- Your Responsibilities
To receive service or support under the Plan, you agree to comply with the following:
- Provide a copy of your Registered Device’s original proof of purchase, if requested
- Provide information about the reasons and causes of the defect to the Registered Device
- Provide identity proof if requested to verify Customer or User of the Device on which Plan is activated
- Respond to requests for information, including but not limited to the serial number of the Registered Device, model, version of the operating system and software installed, any peripherals devices connected or installed on the Registered Device, any error messages displayed, actions taken before the Registered Device experienced the defect and steps taken to avoid the defect
- Follow instructions Harman or Authorized Service Partner’s (ASPs) or Servify gives you about how the device is to be used and also, during the repair request.
- Make sure to backup software and data residing on the Registered Device. DURING THE FULFILLMENT OF SERVICE Servify or Harman MAY DELETE THE CONTENTS OF THE COVERED DEVICE AND REFORMAT THE STORAGE MEDIA IF NECESSARY. Servify may return your Registered Device after the service event or provide a replacement unit as the Registered Device was originally configured, subject to applicable updates. Servify may install latest software updates as part of hardware service that may prevent the Registered Device from reverting to an earlier version of the Operating System. Third party applications installed on the Registered Device may not be compatible or work with the Registered Device as a result of the Operating System update. You will be responsible for reinstalling all other software programs, data and passwords
- Fill and submit the requested forms and the declaration as required for submitting a valid repair request
- Provide Servify or Harman or authorized service centre personnel with reasonable access to the property, as required in order to perform the repair/service.
- Ensure an adult is present at the address at which the service has been requested on scheduled date and time and also during the entire time the repair/service is carried out.
- Cancellation And Refund
- The plan once purchased cannot be cancelled.
- Servify or Harman may cancel this Plan if service parts for the Registered Device become unavailable, upon thirty (30) days’ prior written notice and by offering the refund for the balance period on an applicable pro- rata basis, subject to no repair requests made by you prior to the date of cancellation.
- Transfer of Plan
- If the ownership of the covered device is transferred, the benefits against that covered device under the Plan shall continue for the Plan Term as defined in point no 2
- The Plan alone – i.e. the benefits under this plan, are non-transferable to any other party or device
- If the Registered Device is replaced under Manufacturer’s Warranty during the Plan Term, then the replacement Device will be termed as Registered Device, with the applicable Plan benefits for the remaining period of the Plan Term.
- Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SERVIFY, HARMAN AND ITS EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS WILL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY SUBSEQUENT OWNER FOR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DEFECTS OR DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO COSTS OF RECOVERING, REPROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA OR THE FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, ANY LOSS OF BUSINESS, PROFITS, REVENUE OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, RESULTING FROM SERVIFY’S OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS PLAN. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE LIMIT OF SERVIFY, HARMAN AND ITS EMPLOYEES AND AGENT’S LIABILITY TO YOU AND ANY SUBSEQUENT OWNER ARISING UNDER THE PLAN SHALL NOT EXCEED THE CURRENT MARKET VALUE OF THE REGISTERED DEVICE. SERVIFY AND HARMAN SPECIFICALLY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT (i) IT WILL BE ABLE TO REPAIR OR REPLACE REGISTERED DEVICE WITHOUT RISK TO OR LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR DATA, (ii) IT WILL MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, OR (iii) THAT THE OPERATION OF THE PRODUCT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT SERVIFY’S LIABILITY FOR (I) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE, OR (II) FRAUD. TO THE EXTENT THAT LIABILITY UNDER SUCH LAWS AND REGULATIONS MAY BE LIMITED, SERVIFY’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED, AT ITS SOLE OPTION, TO REPLACE OR REPAIR OF THE REGISTERED DEVICE OR SUPPLY OF THE SERVICE
- General Terms
- Servify may subcontract or assign performance of its obligations to third parties but shall not be relieved of its obligations to you in doing so
- Servify or Harman are not responsible for any failures or delays in performing under the Plan that are due to events outside its reasonable control
- You are required to perform preventative maintenance on the Registered Device to receive service under the Plan
- This Plan is offered and valid only if you are making a purchase in India and using the Device in India
- This Plan is not offered to person who has not reached the age of majority. This Plan may not be available in all states, and is not available where prohibited by law
- In carrying out its obligations Servify or Harman may, at their discretion and solely for the purposes of monitoring the quality of their response, record part or all of the calls between you and them
- Servify and Harman have security measures, which should protect your data against unauthorized access or disclosure as well as unlawful destruction. You will be responsible for the instructions you give to Servify or Harman regarding the processing of data, and Servify and Harman will seek to comply with those instructions as reasonably necessary for the performance of the service and support obligations under the Plan. If you do not agree with the above or if you have questions regarding how your data may be impacted by being processed in this way, contact or Service at the support mediums provided in point no 13
- The terms of the Plan, including the original sales receipt of the Registered Device and the Plan Confirmation, prevail over any conflicting, additional, or other terms of any purchase order or other document, and constitute your and Servify’s entire understanding with respect to the Plan
- Servify is not obligated to renew this Plan. If either Servify does offer a renewal, they will determine the price and terms
- There is no informal dispute settlement process available under this Plan
- In the event any section or portion of a section of these terms and conditions are deemed invalid, void or unenforceable, that section or portion of a section shall be severed from these terms and conditions, and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of India
- These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer
- Support Contact Details:
- Harman Customer Service Number:1 800 1020 525
- Harman Whatsapp Support: 7065844446
- Harman Customer Service Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org