Screen protection for iPhone -6 months
- The Plan
This Accidental Screen Damage Protection Plan governs the registration and support process for screen (also referred to as display, touch screen, touch panel) damages for Apple iPhones (“Device”) sold by Apple Mono Brand Retail Stores in India in its original packaging as approved by Apple India Private Limited (“Apple”) and purchased by an eligible customer. This Plan is not valid for any devices or products that are purchased by a customer post a return from the original customer, even in an unboxed condition or from any other sales channels other than Apple Mono Brand Retail Stores in India. Service Lee Technologies Private Limited (hereafter “Servify”) reserves the right to discontinue the Plan without any prior notice and at its own discretion.
- Plan Term
Benefits under the Plan begins from the activation date of the Device or purchase date of the Device whichever is earlier, and ends on completion of 6 months(as applicable) from the activation date of the Device or purchase date of the Device whichever is earlier. (“Plan Term”)
- Plan Activation Process
The Device must be purchased from a listed Apple Mono Brand Retail Store for availing benefits under this Plan. Upon purchase of Device by the Customer from such Apple Mono Brand Retail Store, the Apple Mono Brand Retail Store must register the Device on Servify Portal/Application (hereafter referred to as “Servify Portal/App”) within 1 days of purchase or activation of the Device, whichever is earlier and by following the steps explained in the Servify Portal/App. Upon successful registration on the Servify Portal/App, the Plan will be activated within one business day, subject to eligibility checks as deemed fit by Servify.
- Plan Details
- “Registered” Device
The Device that was successfully registered under the Plan by following the activation process as required within 7 calendar days of purchase or activation of the Device, whichever is earlier is termed as “Registered Device”
The purchaser of the Registered Device whose name is mentioned on the original invoice is the Customer. The purchaser’s spouse, children and parents can be the users of the Registered Device. If the purchaser is a company, Customer shall mean any representative/employee of the company authorized to use the Registered Device.
- Benefits Value
- Maximum Benefits Value is equivalent to the one-time cost incurred for screen replacement, during the Plan Term. Only one Screen Damage Repair Request per Registered Device is allowed during the Plan Term of 6 months.
- The Customer has to pay a mandatory admin fee of Rs. 2,499 (For all iPhones) during a Screen Damage Repair Request availed under the Plan.
- Scope of Service under the Plan
Provided the Registered Device is handed over to Servify or its authorized channels in its entirety during the Damage Repair Request Process & that the customer has submitted the documents as desired under the Plan and have purchased the Registered Device from an Apple Mono Brand Retail Store, the following conditions would be considered under the Plan.
- Suffers accidental physical screen damage affecting the functionality of the screen.
- Suffers damage due to:
- Any damages to the Registered Device prior to the Plan activation
- Any damages reported within 7 days of activation of the Plan
- due to Intentional act or wilful neglect
- due to Intentional act or wilful neglect
- arising before or after Plan Term
- under mysterious circumstances including lost or stolen
- Acts of god perils, fire, lightening and explosion
- Damage during riot, strike & malicious damage
- Loss or damage not reported to Servify within 48 hours of the loss or damage to the Registered Device
- due to hire or loan of the Registered Device to a third party or if ownership is transferred
- Damage caused by:
- a product/accessory that is not the Registered Device
- operating the Registered Device outside the permitted or intended uses described by manufacturer
- service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not an Apple Authorized Service Provider (“AASP”) or any failure/damage caused outside the Indian territory
- Third-party products or their effects on or interactions with the Registered Device or the software
- Consequential loss of any kind or description including wear & tear, manufacturing defects
- Cosmetic damage to the Registered Device including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports
- Loss or damage covered by supplier, dealer or Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Registered Device with a serial number that has been altered, defaced or removed, or has been modified to alter its functionality or capability without the written permission of the original manufacturer of the device.
- Defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to normal aging of the product
- Issues that could be resolved by upgrading software to the then current version
- Damage to, or loss of any software or data residing or recorded on the Registered Device
- Recovery and reinstallation of software programs and user data
- Damaged device where the IMEI cannot be identified. Please note that the IMEI mentioned on the SIM tray will not be considered as an identification of the device IMEI.
- “Registered” Device
- Special Exclusions
Servify shall not be liable in respect of loss or damage to Registered Device relating to or caused due to the following:
- Loss or damage due to mechanical or electrical break down or derangement, unless such loss is an accidental damage and which is not covered within the Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Penalties for delay or detention or in connection with guarantees of performance or efficiency
- Loss due to the Registered Device which gradually develops flaws, defects, cracks or partial fractures in any part not necessitating immediate stoppage, although at some future time repair or renewal of the parts affected may be necessary
- Loss due to deterioration or wearing away or wearing out of any part of the Registered Device that is caused due to or naturally resulting from its normal use or exposure
- Servify shall not be liable if:
- the Customer is found to be involved in any way in fraudulent or illegal activity of any kind whatsoever related to this Plan or Registered Device and/or
- the Plan is activated after 15 calendar days of purchase or activation of the Registered Device, whichever is earlier and/or
- Due to the inability of the Customer to submit any registration or Screen Damage Repair Request related documents in order to process the same by Servify
- In any action, suit or other proceeding where the Servify or underwriting partner(s) alleges that by reason of the provisions of the exceptions or exclusions above, any loss, destruction or damage is not included under this Plan, the burden of proving that such loss, destruction or damage is included, shall be upon the Customer
- Service Request Process
In the event of damage to the Registered Device, you (Customer) is required to:
- Immediately (Not later than 48 Hours from the time of the damage) inform Servify through the Servify App or Servify Consumer Web Portal (https://servify.activ.space) or Call Center Number (1 800 123 333 888) or Call Center Number (1 800 123 333 888) detailing how the damage occurred, place of damage, date & time of damage, and any documentary evidence of the damage as per the process listed on the Servify Platform. The screen damage incident and the request from customer for repairs in totality is referred to as “Screen Damage Repair Request” here.
- Submit all Screen Damage Repair Request related documents as mentioned in the Servify Platform within two (2) calendar days of raising the said Screen Damage Repair Request or within the timelines as communicated by Servify
- The Screen Damage Repair Request is accepted only if it is lodged post 7 calendar days from the date of activation of the Plan and that the Device was in perfect working condition in those 7 days from the date of activation of the Plan.
- The Customer will not handover the Registered Device for repairs at any service center or point of sales, including at any Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) until confirmed by Servify and a valid Screen Damage Repair Request is registered with Servify as per the process defined hereinabove. It is expressly stated that Servify will not be held responsible for fulfilling any such repair requests where the Registered Device is handed over to a service center or an Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) by the Customer before the approval from Servify; any liabilities arising out of such repair requests before the in-principle approval from Servify will be solely handled by the Customer at their own expense.
- Service Fulfilment Process
- Customer may visit the nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) as directed by Servify via its communication channels once such Screen Damage Repair Request has been approved by Servify in-principle, and in writing or via the Servify Platform or on a voice call on the Customer’s registered number. Screen Damage Repair will be performed only at the AASP after verification of the entitlement and validity of the Plan. Once the service is complete, Customer will be notified via the Servify Platform and/or through written communication. The Customer can collect the Device post repair or replacement on their own, within the stipulated time as per the Apple service policies.
- If Customer walks in to any AASP before the in-principle approval of Servify, or without the knowledge of Servify and an approval, Servify reserves the right to decline or approve such repair requests and Servify is not responsible for any complaints or claims from the Customer
- Servify reserves the right to change the method by which they may provide repair/replacement service to the Customer, and the eligibility to receive a particular method of service under this Plan. Service options, parts availability and response times may vary according to the city Customer lives in and Servify has no control on the same.
- Customer is eligible for only Screen replacement and not whole unit replacement or any other parts replaced under this Plan. In such a scenario where the repair cannot be completed only by screen replacement or if the Customer’s Device is replaced (under Whole Unit Replacement policy of Apple), the Customer must pay for the applicable price difference to avail the benefits under this Plan
- Your Responsibilities
To receive service or support under the Plan, you agree to comply with the following:
- Provide a copy of your Registered Device’s original proof of purchase, if requested.
- Provide information about the reasons and causes of the damage to the Registered Device
- Provide identity proof if requested by Servify (at the time of raising a ‘Damage Repair Request’) to verify the User of the Device, on which Plan is activated
- Respond to requests for information, including but not limited to the Registered Device serial number, model, version of the operating system and software installed, any peripherals Devices connected or installed on the Registered Device, any error messages displayed, actions taken before the Registered Device experienced the damage and steps taken to avoid the damage
- Follow instructions Servify gives you, including but not limited to refraining from sending Registered Device that is not subject to damage protection as per the Plan and packing the Registered Device in accordance with shipping instructions as per the Plan
- Make sure to backup software and data residing on the Registered Device. DURING THE FULFILLMENT OF DAMAGE REPAIR SERVICE, SERVIFY OR THE ASP MAY DELETE THE CONTENTS OF THE REGISTERED DEVICE AND REFORMAT THE STORAGE MEDIA IF NECESSARY. Servify, or ASP may return your Registered Device after the service event subject to applicable updates. Servify or the ASP may install latest software updates as part of hardware service that will prevent the Registered Device from reverting to an earlier version of the Operating System. Third party applications installed on the Registered Device may not be compatible or work with the Registered Device as a result of the Operating System update. You will be responsible for reinstalling all other software programs, data and passwords.
- Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SERVIFY AND ITS EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS WILL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY SUBSEQUENT OWNER FOR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO COSTS OF RECOVERING, REPROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA OR THE FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, ANY LOSS OF BUSINESS, PROFITS, REVENUE OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, RESULTING FROM SERVIFY’S OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS PLAN. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE LIMIT OF SERVIFY AND ITS EMPLOYEES AND AGENT’S LIABILITY TO YOU AND ANY SUBSEQUENT OWNER ARISING UNDER THE PLAN SHALL NOT EXCEED THE CURRENT MARKET VALUE OF THE REGISTERED DEVICE. SERVIFY SPECIFICALLY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT (i) IT WILL BE ABLE TO REPAIR OR REPLACE REGISTERED DEVICE WITHOUT RISK TO OR LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR DATA, (ii) IT WILL MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, OR (iii) THAT THE OPERATION OF THE PRODUCT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT SERVIFY’S LIABILITY FOR (I) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE, OR (II) FRAUD. TO THE EXTENT THAT LIABILITY UNDER SUCH LAWS AND REGULATIONS MAY BE LIMITED, SERVIFY’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED, AT ITS SOLE OPTION, TO REPLACE OR REPAIR OF THE REGISTERED DEVICE OR SUPPLY OF THE SERVICE
- Transfer of Plan
- The transfer of ownership of the Plan for the Registered Device from the Device to another party will render the Plan & its benefits null and void
- If the Registered Device is replaced under Manufacturer’s Warranty during the Plan Term, then the replacement Device will be termed as Registered Device, with the applicable Plan benefits for the remaining period of the Plan Term.
- General Terms
- Servify may subcontract or assign performance of its obligations to third parties but shall not be relieved of its obligations to you in doing so
- Servify is not responsible for any failures or delays in performing under the Plan that are due to events outside its reasonable control
- You may be required to perform preventative maintenance on the Registered Device to receive service under the Plan, and update the Servify Mobile Application from time to time whenever there is a new version is available on the App Store or as advised from Servify from time to time.
- This Plan is offered and valid only if you are making a purchase in India and using in India
- This Plan is not offered to persons who have not reached the age of majority. This Plan may not be available in all states, and is not available where prohibited by law
- In carrying out its obligations Servify may, at their discretion and solely for the purposes of monitoring the quality of their response, record part or all of the calls between you and them
- The terms of the Plan, including the original sales receipt of the Registered Device and the Plan Confirmation, prevail over any conflicting, additional, or other terms of any purchase order or other document, and constitute your and Servify’s entire understanding with respect to the Plan
- Servify is not obligated to renew this Plan. If either Servify does offer a renewal, they will determine the price and terms
- There is no informal dispute settlement process available under this Plan
- In the event any section or portion of a section of these terms and conditions are deemed invalid, void or unenforceable, that section or portion of a section shall be severed from these terms and conditions, and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of India
- These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, under Consumer Protection Act, 1986.
- Servify reserves the right, at its discretion, to change or modify, the terms of this Plan
- Support Contact Details:
- Servify Customer Service Number: 1800 123 333 888 (Toll Free), All days, 9am to 9pm
- Servify Customer Service Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org