Servify 1 Year Screen Protection Plan
- The Plan
This Accidental Screen Damage Protection Plan governs the support process for screen (also referred to as display, touch screen, touch panel) damages for Smartphone Devices sold by Amazon through its official online sales channels in India in its original packaging. It is available on purchase of select Mobiles on amazon.in and is auto-activated after the delivery of the Mobile phone within 7 days. This Plan is not valid for any products that are either refurbished or purchased by a customer post a return from the first customer, even in an unboxed condition.
- Plan Term
Benefits under this Plan begins when you (Customer, who is the User of the Registered Device) purchases the Plan and ends on completion of 1 (one) Year from date of purchase of the Registered Device (“Plan Term”) or until a repair request has been raised.
- Plan Eligibility
- This Plan can be purchased only with the original purchase of the Device on Amazon and subject to the Device being in its perfect working conditions.
- The terms of this Plan, the original sales receipt for your Plan, the original sales receipt of your Registered Device, the proof of your identity provided at the time of raising a Screen Damage Repair Request, the indemnification you provide about the working condition of the Registered Device before the purchase of the Plan and the Plan Confirmation are each part of the Plan.
- The benefits under the Plan is additional to the benefits provided by the manufacturer under Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Plan Details
- “Registered” Device
The Device that was successfully registered under the Plan by following the activation process as required within 7 calendar days from the original purchase of the Device is termed as “Registered Device”
The purchaser of the Registered Device whose name is mentioned on the original invoice is the Customer. The purchaser’s spouse, children and parents can be the users of the Registered Device. If the purchaser is a company, Customer shall mean any representative/employee of the company authorized to use the Registered Device.
- Plan Types
- The onus of purchasing the correct Plan corresponding to the Device Model for which the cover is being purchased lies with the Customer
- Servify reserves the right to reject the repair request if the Plan purchased by the Customer is incorrect or, does not match with the corresponding Device Model/ serial number
- “Registered” Device
- Benefits Value
Maximum Benefits Value is equivalent to the one-time cost incurred for screen replacement, during the Plan Period. Only one Screen Damage Repair Request per Device is allowed during the Plan Period. Any other repairs during the Plan Period or all subsequent repair requests shall be considered as paid repairs only, and the Customer is liable to make payments for such repair requests if undertaken through Servify. There is no additional Processing Fee charged during a repair even under this Plan.
- Scope of Service under the Plan
Provided the Registered Device is handed over to Servify or its authorized channels in its entirety during the Damage Repair Request Process & that you have submitted the documents as desired under the Plan and have purchased the Registered Device from Brand Authorised Sales Channels in India, the following conditions would be covered
If the Registered Device:
- Suffers accidental physical screen damage like broken, cracked or shattered screen
- Suffers damage due to Acts of god perils, fire, lightening and explosion to screen
The Plan will not cover:
- Any Screen Damage Repair Request reported or raised within 7 days of activating the Plan on your Registered Device
- If the Plan has been purchased after the purchase of the Mobile Phone (“Device”)
- Any loss under mysterious circumstances including lost or stolen
- Accidental liquid damage is not covered under this Plan with reference to the screen (also referred to as display, touch screen, touch panel) damages
- Fails to work because accidentally fluid has entered its internal circuitry, resulting into stoppage of the Registered Device & resulting into the screen (also referred to as display, touch screen, touch panel) damages
- Damage due to intentional act or wilful neglect
- Loss arising before/after Plan Term
- Any loss or damage due to hire or loan of the Registered Device to a third party or if ownership is transferred
- Any damages occurred to the Device prior to the activation of the Plan
- Loss arising due to unlawful act including Terrorist activity, War, Nuclear Explosion, Radioactive Contamination, Chemical, Biochemical, Biological, Electromagnetic, Cyber Attack
- Consequential loss of any kind or description including wear & tear, manufacturing defects
- Damage caused by incorrect storage, poor care and maintenance, careless use, gross negligence, incorrect installation and incorrect set-up
- Damage covered by supplier, dealer or manufacturer’s limited warranty
- Damage caused by (a) a product/accessory that is not supported with the Device, (b) operating the Device outside the permitted or intended uses described in the original manufacturer warranty of the Device, or (c) service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not a Brand Authorized Service Provider, or any failure/damage caused outside the Indian territory
- Device with a Serial Number that has been altered, defaced or removed, or has been modified to alter its functionality or capability without the written permission of the original manufacturer of the device
- Cosmetic damage to the Device including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports and not affecting the functionality of the Device
- Third-party products or their effects on or interactions with the Device or the software
- Recovery and reinstallation of software programs and Customer data are not covered under this Plan
- Costs implicitly or explicitly covered by any manufacturers’, suppliers’ or repairers’ guarantee or warranty
- Problems or defects otherwise covered under the original manufacturer’s Warranty/Guarantee
- Recalls or modifications to the Device
- Accessories used in or with the Device
- Replacement of consumable item or accessory like, plugs, batteries, light bulbs, light covers, software and add-on options incorporated in a Device for which the Plan was activated.
- Damage resulting from power outage, power surges or dips, fluctuating voltage, inadequate or improper voltage or current
- Reception or transmission problems resulting from external causes
- Damaged device where the IMEI cannot be identified. Please note that the IMEI mentioned on the SIM tray will not be considered as an identification of the device IMEI.
- Plan purchased without purchase of Mobile device on Amazon or Plan purchased for any phone purchased anywhere other than on Amazon
- Any damages reported after 72 hours from the date of damage.
- Special Exclusions
Servify and Amazon shall not be liable in respect of loss or damage to Registered Device relating to or caused due to the following:
- Loss or damage due to any experiments or tests and/or alterations resulting to any abnormal conditions of the Registered Device
- Loss or damage due to mechanical or electrical break down or derangement, unless such loss is accidental damage, and which is not covered within the manufacturer’s warranty
- Penalties for delay or detention or in connection with guarantees of performance or efficiency
- Damage due to the Registered Device which gradually develops flaws, defects, cracks or partial fractures in any part not necessitating immediate stoppage, although at some future time repair or renewal of the parts affected may be necessary
- Servify shall not be liable for a damage repair request if:
- The Customer is found to be involved in any way in fraudulent or illegal activity of any kind whatsoever related to this Plan or Registered Device and/or
- The Plan is purchased for the Registered Device after the date of purchase of the Device
- Due to the inability of the Customer to submit either of the Damage Repair Request processing documents or supporting documents required for processing the request
- The Plan shall also not cover a loss:
- If the said Screen Damage Repair Request has already been availed once
- The Customer is found to be involved in any way in fraudulent or illegal activity of any kind whatsoever related to this Plan or the Device
- In any action, suit or other proceeding where the Risk Underwriter alleges that by reason of the provisions of the exceptions or exclusions above, any loss, destruction, damage or liability is not covered by this Plan, the burden of proving that such loss, destruction, damage or liability is covered shall be upon the Registered Device
- Plan Activation Process
The Plan will be automatically activated within 7 days of the Purchase of the Registered Device.
- Screen Damage Repair Request Process
In the event of damage to the Registered Device, you (Customer) are required to:
- Immediately (Not later than 72 Hours from the time of the Screen Damage) go to the Your Orders section in your Amazon account > Go to the product order > click on Get Product Support > Schedule an appointment.
- Submit all Request related documents including but not limited to the purchase invoice of the Registered Device and Photo ID Proof of the Customer and any other document as mentioned at the time of raising the Screen Damage Repair Request
- Do note that the Screen Damage Protection Plan is available only if the Customer has purchased the plan with the Device purchase from Amazon
- Please note, you will not handover the Registered Device for repairs at any service centre, including at any Brand Authorised Service Centre (ASC) until confirmed by Servify. It is expressly stated that Servify will not be held responsible for fulfilling any such requests where the Registered Device is handed over to a service centre by you before the approval from Servify; any liabilities arising out of such Damage Repair Request before the in-principle approval of the requests from Servify will be solely handled by You (Customer) at Your (Customer’s) own expense
- Screen Damage Repair Request Fulfilment Process
- Servify provides services through Pick/Drop Support (“PUDO”) Service for the Registered Device, for serviceable locations, once the approval is provided. You are required to wait until Servify confirms in writing via an email or on a voice call on your registered number or provides an update on the app about the status of the Screen Damage Repair Request and the next steps expected. Service will be performed at the Brand Authorized Service Centres after verification of the entitlement and validity of the Plan. Once you are notified & that the service is complete, you will promptly be notified via the Amazon App/ Web Portal. The repaired Device will be delivered to the address of initial pickup after completion of repair.
- Servify reserves the right to change the method by which they may provide repair service to you, and your Registered Device’s eligibility to receive a particular method of service under this Plan. Service options, parts availability and response times may vary according to the city you live in
- Your Responsibilities
To receive service or support under the Plan, you agree to comply with the following:
- Provide a copy of your Registered Device’s original proof of purchase at the time of raising a Screen Damage Repair Request (if requested)
- Provide information about the reasons and causes of the damage to the Registered Device. Provide identity proof if requested by Servify (at the time of raising a Screen Damage Repair Request) to verify the User of the Device, on which Plan is activated
- Provide identity proof if requested to verify Customer of the Plan at the time of raising a Damage Repair Request (if requested)
- Respond to requests for information, including but not limited to the Registered Device serial number, model, version of the operating system and software installed, any peripherals devices connected or installed on the Registered Device, any error messages displayed, actions taken before the Registered Device experienced the damage and steps taken to avoid the damage
- Follow instructions Servify gives you, including but not limited to refraining from sending Registered Device that is not subject to damage protection as per the Plan and packing the Registered Device in accordance with shipping instructions as per the Plan
- Take backup and delete the data residing in the Device and turn off ‘Find My iPhone’ (applicable if the device is Apple iPhone) feature before submitting the Device for any repair. DURING THE FULFILLMENT OF SCREEN DAMAGE PROTECTION SERVICE, SERVIFY OR THE AASP MAY DELETE THE CONTENTS OF THE DEVICE AND REFORMAT THE STORAGE MEDIA IF NECESSARY. Servify or the AASP will return the Device after the service event or provide a replacement device as per Brand’s service policies. Servify or the ASCs may install the latest software updates as part of hardware service that will prevent the Device from reverting to an earlier version of the operating system as per Brand’s service policies. Third party applications installed on the Device may or may not be compatible or work with the Device as a result of such operating system upgrade or update. Customer will be responsible for reinstalling all other software programs, applications, data and passwords as per their need post such service interventions as part of the Screen Damage Repair Request fulfilment.
- Cancellation and Refund
- You can cancel the Plan within 7 (seven) calendar days as per Amazon’s policy after purchasing it. If the Plan is purchased from an online channel/ e-commerce, the refund request has to be given accordingly to the respective online channel as per their return/refund policies.
- If cancellation is done within 7 (seven) calendar days from Plan purchase date, then the Device would be eligible for 100% refund of the Plan Fee, generally paid back to you within 7 business days of receipt of accepted cancellation request
- If the cancellation request is received after the expiry of 7 (seven) days from the date of purchase of the Plan, there will be no refund under this Plan
- Additionally, once a Screen Damage Repair Request has been raised, the Plan cannot be cancelled, and no refund is available irrespective of the decision on the Screen Damage Repair Request
- Servify may cancel this Plan if service parts for the Registered Device become unavailable, upon thirty (30) days’ prior written notice or through a notification within the Servify App and by offering the refund for the balance period on an applicable pro-rata basis, subject to no Damage Repair Requests made by you prior to the date of cancellation or services availed by you from Servify. In such a scenario, the benefits of this Plan for future date stands cancelled and you will be offered alternate options, commercially reasonable as determined solely by Servify
- Limitation Of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, AMAZON, SERVIFY AND ITS EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS WILL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY SUBSEQUENT OWNER FOR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO COSTS OF RECOVERING, REPROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA OR THE FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, ANY LOSS OF BUSINESS, PROFITS, REVENUE OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, RESULTING FROM SERVIFY’S OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS PLAN. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE LIMIT OF SERVIFY AND ITS EMPLOYEES AND AGENT’S LIABILITY TO YOU AND ANY SUBSEQUENT OWNER ARISING UNDER THE PLAN SHALL NOT EXCEED ONE TIME COST INCURRED FOR SCREEN REPLACEMENT OF THE REGISTERED DEVICE . SERVIFY SPECIFICALLY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT (i) IT WILL BE ABLE TO REPAIR OR REPLACE DAMAGED SCREEN OF THE REGISTERED DEVICE WITHOUT RISK TO OR LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR DATA, (ii) IT WILL MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, OR (iii) THAT THE OPERATION OF THE PRODUCT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT SERVIFY’S LIABILITY FOR (I) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE, OR (II) FRAUD. TO THE EXTENT THAT LIABILITY UNDER SUCH LAWS AND REGULATIONS MAY BE LIMITED, SERVIFY’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED, AT ITS SOLE OPTION, TO REPLACE OR REPAIR OF THE REGISTERED DEVICE OR SUPPLY OF THE SERVICE
- Transfer Of Plan
- The transfer of ownership of the Plan for the Registered Device from the Customer to another party will render the Plan & its Benefits null and void.
- If the Registered Device is replaced under Warranty during the Plan Term, then the replacement product is the Registered Device, with Benefits for the remaining period of the Plan as per the terms of the manufacturer’s limited warranty
- General Terms
- Servify may subcontract or assign performance of its obligations to third parties but shall not be relieved of its obligations to you in doing so
- Servify is not responsible for any failures or delays in performing under the Plan that are due to events outside its reasonable control
- This Plan is offered and valid only if you are making a purchase in India and using in India
- This Plan is not offered to persons who have not reached the age of majority. This Plan may not be available in all states, and is not available where prohibited by law
- In carrying out its obligations Servify may, at their discretion and solely for the purposes of monitoring the quality of their response, record part or all of the calls between you and them
- Servify have security measures, which should protect your data against unauthorized access or disclosure as well as unlawful destruction. You will be responsible for the instructions you give to Servify regarding the processing of data, and Servify will seek to comply with those instructions as reasonably necessary for the performance of the service and support obligations under the Plan. If you do not agree with the above or if you have questions regarding how your data may be impacted by being processed in this way, contact or Service at the support mediums provided such as email@example.com or the call centre numbers mentioned below
- The terms of the Plan, including the original sales receipt of the Registered Device and the Plan Confirmation, prevail over any conflicting, additional, or other terms of any purchase order or other document, and constitute your and Servify’s entire understanding with respect to the Plan
- Servify is not obligated to renew this Plan. If either Servify does offer a renewal, they will determine the price and terms
- Servify reserves the right, at its discretion, to change or modify, the terms of this Plan
- There is no informal dispute settlement process available under this Plan
- In the event any section or portion of a section of these terms and conditions are deemed invalid, void or unenforceable, that section or portion of a section shall be severed from these terms and conditions, and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of India
- These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer
- Support Contact Details:
- Servify Customer Service Number:1800 123 333 888 (Toll Free), all days, 9am to 9pm
- Servify Customer Service Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org