Servify Protect – 6 Months Screen Damage Protection Plan for Smartphones
Complimentary Accidental Screen Damage Protection Plan
- The Plan
This risk underwritten accidental screen damage protection contract governs the support process for physical screen damages for new Smartphones (“Device”) sold by Manufacturer’s authorised Retail Partner in India & in its original packaging. The benefits under this Plan is offered Complimentary by the Retail Store to its customers on specific Device Brands and Device Models. This Plan is not valid for any products that are purchased by a customer post a return from the first customer & even in unboxed condition.
- Plan Term
Benefits under this Plan begins from date of purchase of the Device and ends on completion of Six months (180 Days) .
- Plan Eligibility
- The terms of this Plan, the original sales receipt of your Device, the proof of your identity provided at the time of raising a Screen Damage Repair Service Request and the Plan Confirmation are each part of your Plan
- The accidental screen damages protection coverage provided by the Plan is additional to the coverage provided by the manufacturer’s hardware warranty.
- One (1) screen damage repair instance per Device is allowed during the term of the Plan. All subsequent Screen Damage Repair Request if any, shall be considered for paid repair only
- Plan Details
The purchaser of the Device whose name is mentioned on the original invoice is the Customer. The purchaser’s spouse, children and parents can be the users of the Device.
- Benefits Value
Maximum Benefits Value at any given point of time will be equivalent to the cost incurred for one-time screen replacement of the Device at the time of submitting the Screen Damage Repair Request. Limit is one (1) screen damage repair instances of your Device. There is a Processing Fee charged on approval of the Screen Damage Repair Request as described below.
Device Invoice Price (Range) Processing Fee Between Rs 25,000 to Rs 45,000 Rs 750 Between Rs 45,001 to Rs 70,000 Rs 1,000 Between Rs 70,001 to Rs 1,00,000 Rs 1500 > Rs 1,00,000 Rs 2,000
Device Invoice Price (Range) Processing Fee Between Rs 5,000 to Rs 15,000 Rs 300 Between Rs 15,001 to Rs 25,000 Rs 500 Between Rs 25,001 to Rs 40,000 Rs 750 > Rs 40,000 Rs 1,000
- Scope of Service under the Plan
Provided the Device is handed over to Servify or its authorized channels in its entirety during the Damage Repair Process & that the beneficiary has submitted the documents as desired under the Plan and have purchased the Device from official sales channels of original manufacturers in India. The following conditions would be considered under the Plan.
- Suffers accidental physical screen damage
- Suffers physical screen damage due to riot or strike
The Plan will not cover:
- Screen has suffered liquid damage
- Any loss or damage under mysterious circumstances including lost or stolen
- Loss or damage due to Intentional act or wilful neglect
- Loss or damage arising before/after Plan Term
- Loss or damage not reported to Servify within 72 hours of the loss or damage to the Device
- Any loss or damage due to hire or loan of the Device to a third party
- Consequential loss of any kind or description including wear & tear, manufacturing defects
- Loss or damage covered by supplier, dealer or manufacturer’s limited warranty
- Damage caused by (a) a product/ accessory that is not the Device, (b) operating the Device outside the permitted or intended uses described by the original manufacturer of the device, or (c) service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not an Apple Authorised service Provide (AASP) of the original manufacturer of the device for Apple devices respectively (d) Any failure/damage caused outside the Indian territory.
- Device with a serial number that has been altered, defaced or removed, or has been modified to alter its functionality or capability without the written permission of the original manufacturer of the device
- Device that has been lost or stolen
- Cosmetic damage to the Device including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports
- Defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to normal aging of the product
- Issues that could be resolved by upgrading software to the then current version
- Third-party products or their effects on or interactions with the Device or the software
- Your use of a computer or operating system that is unrelated to consumer software or connectivity issues with the Device
- Damage to, or loss of any software or data residing or recorded on the Device
- Recovery and reinstallation of software programs and user data are not covered under this Plan
- Recalls or modifications to the Product
- Accessories used in or with the Product
- Special Exclusions
Servify shall not be liable in respect of loss or damage to Device relating to or caused due to the following:
- Loss or damage due to any experiments or tests and/or alterations resulting to any abnormal conditions of the Device
- Penalties for delay or detention or in connection with guarantees of performance or efficiency
- Loss due to the Device which gradually develops flaws, defects, cracks or partial fractures in any part not necessitating immediate stoppage, although at some future time repair or renewal of the parts affected may be necessary
- Loss due to deterioration or wearing away or wearing out of any part of the Device that is caused due to or naturally resulting from its normal use or exposure
- Servify shall not be liable for any loss or Damage Repair Request if:
- The user is found to be involved in any way in fraudulent or illegal activity of any kind whatsoever related to this Plan or Device and/or
- Due to the inability of the Beneficiary to submit any of the processing of Damage Repair Request and Damage Repair Request payment documents required by Servify or the risk underwriter for processing the eligible Damage Repair Request
- The Plan shall also not cover a damage or loss:
- In any action, suit or other proceeding where the risk underwriter or Servify alleges that by reason of the provisions of the exceptions or exclusions above, any loss, destruction, damage or liability is not covered by this Plan, the burden of proving that such loss, destruction, damage or liability is covered shall be upon the Beneficiary
- Plan Activation
The eligible Customer will receive an e-mail on your registered e-mail Id with the Plan Activation Confirmation.
- Service Request Process
In the event of damage to the Device, you (Beneficiary) are required to do the following things:
- An immediate intimation (not later than 72 hours from the date and time of damage) about the damage should be given to Servify via its support channels comprising of the Servify App and Consumer Web Portal (https://servify.in)
- The event needs to be notified to Servify with cause or reason of damage & obtain services estimate towards damage
- Do not get the damaged Device repaired unless intimated by Servify & further authorized by Servify
- Documents required during the Damage Repair Request: (1) Electronic form duly filled in with all the details of the damage, (2) ID proof, if requested, (3) Device Purchase invoice, if requested (4) Provide any additional document if required by Servify or the risk underwriter to determine the admissibility of the Damage Repair Request.
- Service Fulfilment Process
- Servify provides services through Pick/Drop Support (“PUDO”) Service for the Device, for serviceable locations. You are required to wait until Servify confirms in writing via an email or on a voice call on your registered number or provides an update on the App about the status of the Screen Damage Repair Request and the next steps expected. Once you are notified & that the service (either repair or replacement) is complete, you will promptly be notified via the App. The repaired / replacement device will be delivered to the address of initial pickup within the next working day of completion of repair / replacement
- Servify reserves the right to change the method by which they may provide repair / replacement service to you and your Device’s eligibility to receive a particular method of service under this Plan. Service options, parts availability and response times may vary according to the city you live in
- Issue, if any, found post receiving the repaired/replaced handset, should be reported within 48 hrs. of the delivery to Servify
- Your Responsibilities
To receive service or support under the Plan, you agree to comply with the following:
- Provide a copy of your Device’s original proof of purchase, if requested again
- Provide Original copy of the Job Sheet upon replacement/refurbishment of the device, if requested, which was obtained from authorized service centre of the original manufacturer
- Provide information about the reasons and causes of the damage to the Device
- Provide identity proof if requested to verify Beneficiary of the Plan again
- Respond to requests for information, including but not limited to the Device serial number, model, version of the operating system and software installed, any peripherals devices connected or installed on the Device, any error messages displayed, actions taken before the Device experienced the damage and steps taken to avoid the damage
- Follow instructions Servify gives you, including but not limited to refraining from sending Device that is not subject to damage protection as per the Plan and packing the Device in accordance with shipping instructions
- Make sure to take backup of software and data residing on the Device and remove all the passcodes and disable ‘Find My iPhone’ or any other Tracking App active on your Device before handing over the device to Pickup Agent or ASC. DURING THE FULFILLMENT OF SCREEN DAMAGE PROTECTION SERVICE SERVIFY OR THE ASP MAY DELETE THE CONTENTS OF THE DEVICE AND REFORMAT THE STORAGE MEDIA IF NECESSARY. Servify and/or ASPs will return your Device after the service event or provide a replacement unit as the device was originally configured, subject to applicable updates. Servify or the ASPs may install latest software updates as part of hardware service that will prevent the Device from reverting to an earlier version of the Operating System. Third party applications installed on the Device may not be compatible or work with the Device as a result of the Operating System update. You will be responsible for reinstalling all other software programs, data and passwords
- Fill and submit the Electronic Forms by answering few questions on the Screen Damage incident for raising a valid Screen Damage Repair Request
- Providing any additional documents as may be required by Servify and/or the Insurer (Risk Underwriter) in order to determine the admissibility of the Screen Damage Repair Request
- Transfer of Plan
- The transfer of ownership of the Plan for the Device from the Customer to another party will render the Plan & its benefits null and void
- If the Device is replaced under Manufacturer’s Warranty during the Plan Term, then the replacement product is the Device, with the applicable Plan benefits for the remaining period of the Plan Term.
- Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SERVIFY ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS WILL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY SUBSEQUENT OWNER FOR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL SCREEN DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO COSTS OF RECOVERING, REPROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA OR THE FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, ANY LOSS OF BUSINESS, PROFITS, REVENUE OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, RESULTING FROM SERVIFY’S OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS PLAN. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE LIMIT OF SERVIFY AND ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS’ EMPLOYEES AND AGENT’S LIABILITY TO YOU AND ANY SUBSEQUENT OWNER ARISING UNDER THE PLAN SHALL NOT EXCEED THE COST INCURRED TO REPAIR THE DAMAGE SCREEN OF THE DEVICE . SERVIFY SPECIFICALLY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT (i) IT WILL BE ABLE TO REPAIR OR REPLACE DEVICE WITHOUT RISK TO OR LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR DATA, (ii) IT WILL MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, OR (iii) THAT THE OPERATION OF THE PRODUCT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT SERVIFY’S LIABILITY FOR (I) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE, OR (II) FRAUD. TO THE EXTENT THAT LIABILITY UNDER SUCH LAWS AND REGULATIONS MAY BE LIMITED, SERVIFY’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED, AT ITS SOLE OPTION, TO REPLACE OR REPAIR OF THE DEVICE OR SUPPLY OF THE SERVICE
- General Terms
- Servify may subcontract or assign performance of its obligations to third parties but shall not be relieved of its obligations to you in doing so
- Servify and its affiliates & its agents is not responsible for any failures or delays in performing under the Plan that are due to events outside its reasonable control
- Servify and its affiliates & its agents is not responsible for any promises by the Retailer to its customers on providing the benefits beyond Screen Damage under this Plan will not be applicable and Servify will only be liable to cover Screen Damages as benefits under this Plan.
- You may be required to perform preventative maintenance on the Device to receive service under the Plan, and update the Servify App from time to time whenever there is a new version is available on the Google Play Store and Apple Store
- This Plan is offered and valid only if you are making a Screen Damage Repair Request in India
- In carrying out its obligations Servify may, at their discretion and solely for the purposes of monitoring the quality of their response, record part or all of the calls between you and them
- Servify has security measures, which should protect your data against unauthorized access or disclosure as well as unlawful destruction. You will be responsible for the instructions you give to Servify regarding the processing of data, and Servify will seek to comply with those instructions as reasonably necessary for the performance of the service and support obligations under the Plan. If you do not agree with the above or if you have questions regarding how your data may be impacted by being processed in this way, contact Servify at the support mediums provided such as firstname.lastname@example.org or the call centre number of Servify.
- The terms of the Plan, including the original sales receipt of the Device and the Plan Confirmation, prevail over any conflicting, additional, or other terms of any purchase order or other document, and constitute your and Servify’s entire understanding with respect to the Plan
- Servify is not obligated to renew this Plan. If either Servify does offer a renewal, they will determine the price and terms
- There is no informal dispute settlement process available under this Plan
- In the event any section or portion of a section of these terms and conditions are deemed invalid, void or unenforceable, that section or portion of a section shall be severed & or revised from these terms and conditions, and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect. Servify does not own the responsibility of the communication for the changes made if any. Revisions in the terms & conditions, if any will be updated on our website
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of India
- These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer
- Customers consents to Servify sending periodic transactional SMS regarding the Plan bought by the customers as per the governing regulations
- Support Contact Details:
- Servify Customer Service Number: 1800 123 333 888 (Toll Free), All days, 9am to 9pm
- Servify Customer Support Email ID: email@example.com